Save the date: the 2nd International Conference on Biodiversity in the Congo Basin will take place in March 2023
After a first edition in 2014, CEBioS and the Centre de Surveillance de la Biodiversité (CSB) are organising the 2nd International Conference on Biodiversity in the Congo Basin.
More info about the News item
Taking place on March 6-10, 2023 in Kisangani (DR Congo), the conference will address themes linking biodiversity, climate change and public health:
- biodiversity and food security,
- valorisation of ecosystem services,
- biodiversity and climate change,
- sustainable agriculture,
- developing and facilitating supra-national and interregional cooperation in scientific research,
- new approaches to conservation,
- sustainable exploitation of natural resources,
- forestry and biodiversity,
- industrial development and biodiversity,
- availability of official environmental data,
- urban biodiversity,
- and policy-making.
Links to the post-2020 global biodiversity framework of the Convention on Biological Diversity and to the Sustainable Development Goals will be highlighted and discussed.
For more information about the event, visit the Conference’s website.