New manual on the assessment of ecosystem services in African Biosphere Reserves
The EVAMAB research team is preparing a manual to address the assessment of ecosystem services in African Biosphere Reserves (BR). It intends to primarily reach the managers and administrators but also decision makers of African BR.
More info about the News item
This manual’s main goals are:
- To outline the significance of ecosystem services for the management of African BRs;
- To increase the awareness, knowledge and use of ecosystem services among stakeholders involved with African BRs;
- To serve as a support & background document for the AfriMAB network and beyond;
- To serve as a transfer mechanism for key principles and approaches of ecosystem services in BRs;
- To maintain sustainably ecosystems and their services in BRs and support the management of BRs in favour of both Nature and People;
- To be a milestone in a process of continuous learning.
You can download the full announcement here: announcement-afrimab-manual-on-the-assessment-of-ecosystem-services-in-african.pdf (1 download) .