Call on public awareness and education 2023 is now open!

Deadline for the submission of proposals: 18 June 2023

More info about the News item

CEBioS and the Belgian Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) would like to inform you that the annual call for public awareness and education is now open.

You can find it here :

The suggested themes have been chosen in accordance to the first objective of the Strategic Plan 2011-2020 of the Convention on Biological Diversity (Aichi target 1) and the 21st Target of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework:

Type Theme Duration
1 Public awareness project on:

  • Etude de suivi sur la perception de la biodiversité basée sur les indicateurs choisis avec la même méthodologie que pour l’étude de base réalisée préalablement, à utiliser dans l’évaluation et la mise à jour de la Stratégie nationale pour la Biodiversité.
8 months project
(to be completed by 31 March 2024)
2 Public awareness project on:

  • The stakes in 2023-2024 for the implementation of the Kunming Montreal Global biodiversity framework (KM-GBF);
  • Organise a workshop on the Kunming Montreal Global biodiversity framework and the update of the NBSAP
8 months project
(to be completed by 31 March 2024)

Type of support

CEBioS will finance the selected projects up to 80% of their estimated costs. The remaining 20% will have to be provided by the local partner.

Projects Maximum amount funded by CEBioS
Type 1 8000 €
Type 2 8000 €


Indicative dates for the examination of proposals and for the execution of the projects

17 May 2023 Launch of the call for proposals through the Belgian CHM website
18 June 2023 Deadline for the submission of proposals
7 July 2023 Successful project beneficiaries are contacted, contract development, projects can start implementation
1 August 2023 to 30 March 2024 Project implementation
30 May 2024 Activities and financial reports required

More information (EN and FR):