Biodiversity for Development – A way forward to the SDGs
Five years of the CEBioS programme
More info about the Event
How does development cooperation take biodiversity into account? How does the support for biodiversity conservation, provided by Northern countries, contribute to poverty eradication in developing countries and to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)?
In order to address these questions, be welcome at this colloquium. It is organized to celebrate 5 years of the CEBioS-program, a program developed to support the conservation and sustainable management of biodiversity linked to poverty eradication in partner countries of the Belgian Development Cooperation.
Overview of the program
09.00-18.45; Languages: French and English
- Presentation of the activities of CEBioS and its partners
- Speakers: CEBioS and partners from Benin, Burundi, DR Congo, Ivory Coast, Morocco and Belgium
- Biodiversity in development cooperation
- Speakers: Belgian and international actors of development cooperation and of biodiversity conservation in the South
- Panel discussion: does a more thorough knowledge and management of biodiversity lead to poverty reduction? How is this principle integrated in development cooperation?
- Actors of development cooperation
- Actors of biodiversity conservation in the South (including scientists)
- Anyone interested in the theme of the day
For more information and registration: cebios.naturalsciences.be/28may
Registration deadline: May 22, 2018
Contact: Lucie Ongena, longena[at]naturalsciences.be, tel 02/627.45.64