- Save the date: September 21 - L. Janssens de Bisthoven to speak @ the Science Summit of UNGA76 [posted on: 15/09/2021]
- Save the date: September 4 - Presentation of CEBioS and its project "EVAMAB" at the CAPDEV 2021, IUCN World Congress [posted on: 30/08/2021]
- "Stakeholder Analysis on Ecosystem Services of Lake Manyara Sub-basin (Tanzania)", a new publication [posted on: 03/05/2021]
- New paper by Dr. Hamed Oudantan (Benin): a step further in the understanding of molluscs in West Africa [posted on: 19/04/2021]
- The EVAMAB project presented in “The Conversation” [posted on: 24/03/2021]
CEBioS stands for ‘Capacities for Biodiversity and Sustainable Development’.
CEBioS is a programme of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), where it belongs to the Operational Directorate ‘Nature’. CEBioS is part of the ‘BIOPOLS’ group and is closely associated with the Belgian Focal Point to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
The CEBioS programme carries out capacity building for partners of the Belgian cooperation in the field of biodiversity conservation and sustainable management linked to poverty eradication. It works in the framework of international obligations of Belgium under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the Belgian biodiversity strategy 2020.
The CEBioS programme is financed by the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) through a protocol of cooperation between the Ministry of development cooperation and the Ministry of science policy.
Discover CEBioS with this short video: